Paragliding is the simplest form of flying and a natural way to get high 🙂
Developed from ram air parachutes by some smart guys, the paraglider is a foot-launched inflatable wing which allows good pilots to fly more than 400 kilometers and climb up to more than 6000 meters.
Easy to launch, control and land, and portable in a rucksack it has something for everyone: ridge soaring for relaxation, adrenaline rushes for addicted pilots, fashion equipment for fussy guys, beauty and freedom for all of us.
For more information read these Frequently Asked Questions about paragliding or these Tips for Paraglider Pilots, but remember:everyone who lives dies; yet not everyone who dies, has lived. We choose flying not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping us!
Rules of the air:
– Remember that gravity is not just a good idea, it’s the LAW. AND, it’s not subject to repeal!
– Every takeoff is optional. Every landing is mandatory!
– It’s always better to be down here wishing you were up there than to be up there wishing you were down here!
– You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck!
– Good judgement comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgement!
– Learn from the mistakes of others. You won’t live long enough to make all of them yourself!
– The air does not know you are an expert. Turbulence is Nature’s way of reminding us we are not birds!
– You’re not a real pilot until you have to hitchhike back to the Landing Zone!
– The site working really great today is always at least 100 kilometers away. You should have been here yesterday!
– Work is permanent, good flying weather is transitory. Work is for people who don’t fly paragliders!